Friday, August 1, 2014

3D Spectrum display in Chrome with rtl-sdr


Saw an interesting post on rtl-sdr.com about a 3D display using rtl-sdr from the browser. The github repo found here, and the original source page is a Japanese one found here.

I was impressed with how straightforward it was to use, and on my Windows 8.1 i5 it ran well. I would say the video doesn't do it justice and my immediate reaction was simply, wow.

 If I was to just going quickly run the rtl-sdr to see what is the RF situation is, this may become my go-to. I look forward to seeing a few more features, and see some of the minor usability and bugs worked out, but it is a great start.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for introducing my experiment and publishing your impression that gave me enormous pleasure!!

    ReplyDelete